A Prospective Grant Writing Client calls. Now what?
Use the 20 Questions with a Prospective Grant Writing Client and you’ll look like the grant writing expert you are!
You’ve got a new prospective client on the horizon – congrats, my friend!! That’s a big, exciting step in building your grant writing business!
But you may be wondering…NOW what?
With this mini-lesson and template, I’ll tell you exactly what.
Nonprofit staff and board members are busy. They don’t have time to run back and forth answering questions.
But how do you know what to ask in the first place?
I’ve talked with LOTS of nonprofits over the years. I realized two big things about onboarding new clients:
- It doesn’t have to be hard if you follow a simple system.
- It can GREATLY increase your chances of winning grants (and decrease your stress level!)
That’s why I created a simple, repeatable formula you can use when you’re talking with a prospective grant writing client.
The quick guide will cover:
- Basic background info to collect.
- Deeper questions to help you get a good snapshot of the organization.
- A plug-and-go template to organize your notes
Ready to go pro? The template is waiting for you to copy and use on your next client.
It’s time to fast forward your grant success.