Here is where you'll find background information about Matt Hugg and Nonprofit.Courses for webinars, podcasts, speaking engagement, teaching opportunities, blog posts and more.
As an experienced writer, veteran fundraiser, and sought-after educator and speaker in philanthropy, fundraising, and marketing, Matt brings a unique perspective to your project, blog, webinar or podcast.
Matt has taught in graduate programs worldwide, in Africa, Asia, Europe and the United States for the University of Pennsylvania, Eastern University, Thomas Edison State University and Juniata College. He has also guest lectured at Drexel University and Villanova University.
He has also provided private fundraising and nonprofit management instruction to:
- Microsoft Philanthropic
- RoundCorner (now a part of Salesforce)
- University of Pennsylvania Office of Advancement
- Mennonite Heritage Center
- and other nonprofit organizations and businesses.
Matt is the author of two books and contributor to a third, including:
- The ThinkNP Guide to Nonprofit Consulting: A Practical Workbook for Your Success: Your Step-by-Step Guide to a Successful Business Serving the Nonprofit Sector
- Philander Family Values: Fun Scenarios For Practical Fundraising Education For Boards, Staff and Volunteers
- The Healthcare Nonprofit: Keys to Effective Management
Matt’s articles, interviews, and quotes have appeared in nonprofit and fundraising trade publications such as:
- The Chronicle of Philanthropy
- CASE Currents
- Nonprofit Times
- FundRaising Success (NonprofitPRO) Magazine
- Army Times
- and more …
Matt's blogs can be found here: https://www.nonprofit.courses/blog/
He’s written for national planned giving organizations, colleges, hospitals, and a variety of other nonprofits, such as:
- The University of Pennsylvania Medical System
- The Planned Giving Company
- Washington Memorial Heritage
- Moravian College
- Virtual Giving/PlannedGiving.com
- Turning Points for Children
- Missionary Sister of Mary Immaculate of Nyeri
- United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR)
- Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey
and many more.
He’s also spoken at conferences and seminars for:
- The Association of Fundraising Professionals (local and International)
- The Council for the Advancement and Support of Educations
- The Planned Giving Council
- The Council for Nonprofit Innovation
- The Engineering Development Forum
Matt’s 25 years of fundraising and management experience includes positions with:
- The Boy Scouts of America
- Lebanon Valley College
- University of Cincinnati
- Ursinus College
- University of the Arts
Matt holds an M.A. in Philanthropy and Development from St. Mary’s University of Minnesota and a B.Sc. in Natural History from Juniata College.
To learn more, see Matt’s LinkedIn profile.
See all of the Nonprofit.Courses Social media Links, here.