Master These 5 Tips And You May Never Lose a Nonprofit Client Again
As a consultant to nonprofits, you know that nonprofits have their own, unique culture. Connect with your nonprofit clients by showing you share their values.
- Be mission focused. As a consultant, a lot of nonprofit workers think you’re just in it for the money and don’t care about their mission. You know they’re wrong. Show them by studying what they do and bringing novel ideas to the table.
- Be thrifty. Of course, as a small business owner, you’re thrifty. It’s an ethic you share with every nonprofit – but they might not know that. In every job, tell your client where you can, or have, saved them money, even if you think it’s obvious. They’ll appreciate your looking out for their bottom line.
- Be caring. You know, like your client knows, that they exist for the people they serve. Make sure your client knows that you’re their partner in caring for their mission recipients. When you write a proposal, talk about how what you do helps their organization, but more importantly, their clients.
- Be timely. Too much to do, too little time to do it. It’s the nature of nonprofit work. Respect their time by delivering your work when it’s expected, or better yet, a bit early. Show them that you’re there to make their life easier. Never be the part they’re waiting for to move ahead on any project.
- Be supportive. A lot of nonprofit culture is based on mutual support, among clients, and among staff. Become a pillar for your client. If your client had a tough day with another staff member, lend your ear. Even if you can’t be part of the solution, just being empathetic can go a long way in building your relationship.
Want more? Go to ThinkNP.com, today: the fastest way to the right nonprofit clients and increased income, all while impacting their mission.
What do you get? Lots! Need marketing ideas? ThinkNP’s got ’em. Don’t know which software to buy? Check out the ThinkNP reviews. Starting up? Here’s where to go. Established? How about new business ideas?
In the format you need. On the go? Hear it in a podcast. In front of a screen? Check out videos and articles.
ThinkNP: Transforming your nonprofit consulting success.