Board Chair 101: Be the Best Nonprofit Board Chair You Can Be – Webinar Replay is FREE courtesy of Boardable
1 Lesson / 56 Minutes / FREE
Board chairs are one of the most important roles at a nonprofit. More than the executive director or founder, they influence how productive the board of directors is, and in turn, how much the organization can accomplish. Do you know the best practices for this critical person? We covered it all in a recent webinar.
This webinar was originally held on Tuesday, April 23. We sat down with board of directors veteran Crystal Grave to talk about what makes a great nonprofit board chair.
Some of the Board Chair 101 Webinar discussion topics:
– What is a nonprofit board chair responsible for? What are they NOT responsible for?
– Are there personality traits or board experience that the best board chairs have in common?
– What do board members need from their board chair to be successful?
– How do the best board chairs handle conflict and problem board members?
* About Our Guest, Crystal Grave *
Crystal Grave is a veteran of both nonprofit and for-profit boards and committees. She has been the chairwoman of various groups, including the silent auction chair of the Second Helpings Corks & Forks event, co-chair of the Dress for Success Stepping Out in Style event, founding committee member of the Indianapolis Children’s Museum Adult Swim event, and more. She is the founder and CEO of an event-planning resource tech company called Snappening.
Visit Boardable.com and find out how Boardable’s Board Engagement Software can provide you with the tools to streamline your board meetings and get all of your board members more connected.