Boardable Webinar: CARES Act April 2020 – What Nonprofits Need to Know is FREE courtesy of Boardable
1 Lesson / 58 Minutes / FREE
The U.S. government recently enacted the CARES Act, providing financial aid for small businesses and nonprofits in the form of PPP (Payroll Protection Program) and EIDL (Economic Injury Disaster Loan). In this webinar, we take a look at the implications of this legislation for nonprofits.
As of the morning of broadcast (April 16, 2020), the PPP and EIDL programs had run out of funding. Our guests, nonprofit financial experts from Carson Larson Allen (CLA Connect) advised the audience on likely next steps. Board governance coach Kim Donahue talked about how to assess options with a board of directors.
Some of the topics covered include:
– The broad provisions of the act and what it stipulates for nonprofits
– Definitions of the two types of aid and how they are applied
– Specific impacts of the bill on nonprofits like yours
– Governance advice for implementing needed structure to use the funds
– Recommended next steps to be prepared for the next round of funding
– Live Q&A from the audience