This 101 Blockchains course is ideal for anyone interested in understanding the potential future of money and how it will impact all of us. Whether you are a business owner, consumer, or software developer, everyone is affected by the various forms of money available. In this course, we will lay the groundwork for a better understanding of the current research and activity around CBDC.
The technology powering CBDC allows the money to be “programmed” in ways that are simply not possible with the cash we currently possess. This programmable nature could allow people to access financial services with a smartphone, anywhere in the world, closing the gap that has excluded more than 1.7 billion people from traditional financial services.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
By understanding how money currently flows (and is accounted for), you will explore new ways in which CBDC can help improve financial inclusion. You will not only learn the promising potential of CBDC technology but also the current roadblocks and challenges that lay ahead. The course will be focused on the answers to some important questions:
- How do you define a central bank digital currency? What are the various forms it could take?
- What are the possible ways that CBDC could be implemented? What is the role of the private sector in its implementation?
- What are the use case scenarios of CBDC and can they help improve financial inclusion and support economic growth?
- What are the potential implications that CBDC could have on the financial system?
- How can we solve the potential issues regarding the interoperability of CBDC?
- What steps need to be taken to remain compliant with current rules and regulations?