- 12 Essentials Everyone Should Know about Fundraising
- 20 Examples of Different Kinds of Fundraising
- 25 Volunteer Onboarding Essentials
- 33 Attributes of the Perfect Consultant
- 97 Kinds of Writing for Fundraising
- Comprehensive Chart of Fundraising Methods and Uses
- Essential Books for Nonprofit Consultants
- Essential Marketing Tools for your Nonprofit Consulting Business
- Essential Resource Guide for Grant Writers
- Essential Resources for Fundraising Consulting Start Ups
- Essential Website Naming Rules for Nonprofit Consultants
- Fundraising Job Grid
- Get more money with these 15 Nonprofit Fundraising Solicitation Hints
- List of Professional Associations
- More than 80 of the Most Popular Nonprofit Missions
- Nonprofit Board of Directors Organizational Chart
- Nonprofit Development (Fundraising/Advancement) Office Organization Chart
- Nonprofit Organization Chart
- Professional Development Goal Sheet
- Review of Nonprofit Revenue Sources
See it now!
See it now!
See it now!
See it now!
See it now!
The Future of Recruiting Is Now: What World-Class Organizations Are Doing to Attract and Hire More Talent Today, by Lorman
See it now!
See it now!
See it now!
See it now!
See it now!
See it now!
Find, Like and Get the Latest
from Nonprofit.Courses on these Social Networks!
Welcome to the Nonprofit.Courses FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) page. Let’s get started…!
- Is Nonprofit.Courses free?
- Is there any content I need to pay for?
- What kind of content do I find on Nonprofit.Courses?
- Who is Nonprofit.Courses for?
- There’s so much here! How do I find what I want?
- How do I navigate around Nonprofit.Courses?
- How can I use Nonprofit.Courses?
- Where does the content come from?
- How long are each videos?
- Can I get continuing education credit?
- Does Nonprofit.Courses make its own content?
- What’s a Track?
- May I contact Content Expert’s directly?
- Can I refer a Content Expert to Nonprofit.Courses?
- How do I find out more about becoming a Content Expert?
- If I sign up for New Course Alerts, what do I get?
- Do you have social media pages?
- What is the Live Events Calendar?
- How do I get my event onto the Live Events Calendar?
- Do you have podcasts on Nonprofit.Courses?
- How do I tell my friends about this great resource?
- How can I help Nonprofit.Courses grow?
- I’m starting a nonprofit, is there material for me?
- We’re a small nonprofit. Can we find information for us on Nonprofit.Courses?
- I’m a career changer. I’m new to nonprofits. Can Nonprofit.Courses help me?
- How does Nonprofit.Courses make money?
- I have a question that’s not covered. How do I ask it?
- I don’t get New Course Alerts. How do I sign up?
Is Nonprofit.Courses free?
Yes! There’s no sign up, membership or other “gateway” that limits access. You get direct access to the content you need.
Nonprofit.Courses offers free and premium paid content. We’re committed to making at least 50% of its content free at all times.
Is there any content I need to pay for?
Yes. Many of our Content Experts offer in depth expertise through our Premium Paid and Nonprofit.Courses Select! content. Find them here. You’ll also see a link to Premium Courses at the top of every page.
What kind of content do I find on Nonprofit.Courses?
Content you can use, of course! But to be more specific…
● Videos – Because video is such a powerful learning tool, it’s Nonprofit.Courses’ medium of choice. You’ll find thousands on just about any nonprofit topic.
● Podcasts – You’d be surprised (or maybe not?) at how many nonprofit focused podcasts are out there. You’ll find dozens of podcasts on the podcast page.
● Documents – Need a checklist? Interested in an eBook or whitepaper on a topic? We have lots, especially in areas that are not covered by videos and podcasts.
● Nonprofit Specific – Just about all of our content is specific to your needs and interests as a nonprofit leaders, staff member, board member or volunteer.
● Nonprofit Helpful – Among the thousands of nonprofit specific videos and more, are hundreds of “nonprofit helpful” content items. What’s nonprofit helpful? For example, we have a great collection of videos on how to make presentations. They’re not “how to make a presentation in front of you board,” but they’re perfect to build the confidence of anyone in a nonprofit in making their next presentation, whether in front of their board, a staff meeting or a gathering of volunteers.
Who is Nonprofit.Courses for?
As a website with so much free content, don’t hesitate using Nonprofit.Courses as your go-to resource for nonprofit training and education… and recommend it to others.
● Nonprofit Leaders and Staff: If you run a nonprofit, manage a program or manage an office, find yourself “on the line” by delivering mission services or just started working at a nonprofit, Nonprofit.Courses has information for you.
● Nonprofit Board Members: Nonprofit.Courses has A LOT of material that’s specific for board members, or helpful in their getting to know the details of nonprofit operations and funding. Its also a great resource for staff to use for creating board training programs that feature expert voices from around the world.
● Nonprofit Volunteers: Nonprofit.Courses is great for volunteers. The content can be used for formal volunteer training, or ad hoc education on an important subject. If you’re a volunteer and want to get the inside scoop on how nonprofits run, Nonprofit.Courses is for you.
● Anyone interested in anything about nonprofits: Even if you’re not working for or volunteering for a nonprofit, there’s lots here for you. If there’s a nonprofit in your community, then there’s a video on Nonprofit.Courses that’s right for you.
There’s so much here! How do I find what I want?
We have lots of ways to find the exactly what you’re looking for, such as…
Using the top menu of each page with links to Premium Paid Content, Free Content, Deals, Live Events, Podcasts, and Content by Time & Type.
Putting a search term into our AI enabled search at the top of each page to search everything!
You can also go to our specialty search pages, and…
Search by subject:
● Accounting and Finance
● Boards and Governance
● Consulting and Freelancing
● Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI)
● Fundraising – Major Gifts
● Leadership and Management
● Marketing and Communications
● Nonprofit Helpful
● Small and Start Up Nonprofits
● Volunteer Management
Or Search by by Content Types:
● Academic Courses
● Continuing Education Units
● Drip Email Series
Another way people like to find content is to peruse the Content Expert page.
How do I navigate around Nonprofit.Courses?
How can I use Nonprofit.Courses?
● Need information quick?
● Have some time over lunch?
● Want to learn about someone else’s work?
● Changing careers?
● Starting a career?
● Recommending some training?
Let us know how you use Nonprofit.Courses and maybe we’ll feature you in an upcoming New Course Alerts.
Where does the content come from?
Nonprofit.Courses content comes from more than 200 Content Experts who have in depth knowledge of a nonprofit related discipline, or a field that could be very helpful to your nonprofit. See all the Content Experts here.
How long are each videos?
We like to say that you can find a course that’s anywhere from “less than five minutes to more than five hours.” We index all our videos by their length. That’s why the “search by time” feature is one of our most popular ways to find content.
Can I get continuing education credit?
Yes! Much of the content on Nonprofit.Courses offers continuing education credits or hours, like CFRE or CPEs. You can find out which through the Continuing Education Units search page.
Does Nonprofit.Courses make its own content?
Sometimes Matt Hugg, President of Nonprofit.Courses and expert in nonprofit management, will create content to meet specific needs, but that makes up a very small percentage of the total material on the site. For Nonprofit.Courses created content, go here.
What’s a Track?
A Track is a collection of related content, usually on the same subject or around a theme, that work well when you watch them together. See all of the Tracks here.
May I contact Content Expert’s directly?
Yes, please do! Each Content Expert has a link to their own homepage on their Content Expert page. They welcome your interest in them. When you do – please let them know you found them through Nonprofit.Courses.
Can I refer a Content Expert to Nonprofit.Courses?
Yes! Either let us know about them, or have them contact us directly through our Contact Us page.
How do I find out more about becoming a Content Expert?
We’d love to talk. Pop us a note here and we can set up a time.
If I sign up for New Course Alerts, what do I get?
You get weekly emails letting you know about the latest content on Nonprofit.Courses (usually Thursdays), and another (usually Mondays) that brings you the next two week events from the Live Events Calendar.
Do you have social media pages?
What is the Live Events Calendar?
The Live Events Calendar is where Nonprofit.Courses Content Experts can post their webinars, seminars and courses that occur in real time. If you sign up for New Course Alerts, you get a list of all Live Events on the calendar that will occur in the next two weeks. You’ll also see a sampling of upcoming events on the homepage.
How do I get my event onto the Live Events Calendar?
Placement of events on the calendar are limited to Nonprofit.Courses Content Experts. A Content Expert may be a person, a company, a nonprofit or an association. To find out how to become a Content Expert, pop us a note.
Do you have podcasts on Nonprofit.Courses?
Yes! Nonprofit.Courses features more than 50 podcasts on nonprofits or that are helpful to nonprofits. That’s probably more than anyplace on the web but the podcast providers, like Spotify or iTunes. Find them here.
How do I tell my friends about this great resource?
Easy! Copy and send them this link: https://nonprofit.courses
How can I help Nonprofit.Courses grow?
Use it! Sign up for New Course Alerts! Recommend Nonprofit.Courses to your colleagues, friends and volunteers. Your using Nonprofit.Courses as your go-to resources for nonprofit education and training helps us attract advertisers and Content Experts – which helps you get even more and better content.
I’m starting a nonprofit, is there material for me?
Yes! (And congratulations!) While starting a nonprofit is daunting, you have a passion for impacting others. That means a lot to many of our Content Experts – many of whom have done the same. See their content created specifically for the unique needs of start-up nonprofits on the Small and Start Up Nonprofits search page.
We’re a small nonprofit. Can we find information for us on Nonprofit.Courses?
Yes! Just like start ups, being a small nonprofit has a lot of unique challenges – and a lot of our Content Experts have been there. Find all the content specific for small nonprofits, here.
I’m a career changer. I’m new to nonprofits. Can Nonprofit.Courses help me?
Yes, and welcome! We hope you’ll find your work with nonprofits meaningful and fulfilling. Check out everything we have on Nonprofit Careers.
How does Nonprofit.Courses make money?
● Advertising. Nonprofit.Courses makes advertising space available to businesses and other organizations that want greater visibility with nonprofits. These may include service providers, educational institutions and more. If you’d like to learn more, drop us a note!
● Course Affiliate Links. Affiliate links are when a course provider sends a payment to Nonprofit.Courses when you buy their content through Nonprofit.Courses. The price for the final product isn’t different than if you went to the content directly, and by going through Nonprofit.Courses, you support making great nonprofit training available to everyone! Have a course to sell. Let us know.
● Amazon Book sales. you’ll notice that many Content Experts have written books. Nonprofit.Courses provides Amazon affiliate Links as a convenience to our learners, and also as a revenue generator for the site. Like Course Affiliate Links, there’s no additional cost to you by using the link – and were grateful for you support.
I have a question that’s not covered. How do I ask it?
For all the FAQs we can create, there’s probably one more question we missed. Have your own question to ask? We’re glad to hear from you. Use our Contact Us page. Who knows, maybe yours will end up on this FAQ page?
I don’t get New Course Alerts. How do I sign up?
Easy! just fill in the short form, below:
Sometimes 404 errors happen. It usually means that what you're looking for was moved.
Try finding it - and a lot of other great content - using the Nonprofit.Courses Search Engine:
Or pick a combination of Subject, Content Expert, Time, and more:
Here is where you'll find background information about Matt Hugg and Nonprofit.Courses for webinars, podcasts, speaking engagement, teaching opportunities, blog posts and more.
As an experienced writer, veteran fundraiser, and sought-after educator and speaker in philanthropy, fundraising, and marketing, Matt brings a unique perspective to your project, blog, webinar or podcast.
Matt has taught in graduate programs worldwide, in Africa, Asia, Europe and the United States for the University of Pennsylvania, Eastern University, Thomas Edison State University and Juniata College. He has also guest lectured at Drexel University and Villanova University.
He has also provided private fundraising and nonprofit management instruction to:
- Microsoft Philanthropic
- RoundCorner (now a part of Salesforce)
- University of Pennsylvania Office of Advancement
- Mennonite Heritage Center
- and other nonprofit organizations and businesses.
Matt is the author of two books and contributor to a third, including:
- The ThinkNP Guide to Nonprofit Consulting: A Practical Workbook for Your Success: Your Step-by-Step Guide to a Successful Business Serving the Nonprofit Sector
- Philander Family Values: Fun Scenarios For Practical Fundraising Education For Boards, Staff and Volunteers
- The Healthcare Nonprofit: Keys to Effective Management
Matt’s articles, interviews, and quotes have appeared in nonprofit and fundraising trade publications such as:
- The Chronicle of Philanthropy
- CASE Currents
- Nonprofit Times
- FundRaising Success (NonprofitPRO) Magazine
- Army Times
- and more …
Matt's blogs can be found here: https://www.nonprofit.courses/blog/
He’s written for national planned giving organizations, colleges, hospitals, and a variety of other nonprofits, such as:
- The University of Pennsylvania Medical System
- The Planned Giving Company
- Washington Memorial Heritage
- Moravian College
- Virtual Giving/PlannedGiving.com
- Turning Points for Children
- Missionary Sister of Mary Immaculate of Nyeri
- United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR)
- Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey
and many more.
He’s also spoken at conferences and seminars for:
- The Association of Fundraising Professionals (local and International)
- The Council for the Advancement and Support of Educations
- The Planned Giving Council
- The Council for Nonprofit Innovation
- The Engineering Development Forum
Matt’s 25 years of fundraising and management experience includes positions with:
- The Boy Scouts of America
- Lebanon Valley College
- University of Cincinnati
- Ursinus College
- University of the Arts
Matt holds an M.A. in Philanthropy and Development from St. Mary’s University of Minnesota and a B.Sc. in Natural History from Juniata College.
To learn more, see Matt’s LinkedIn profile.
See all of the Nonprofit.Courses Social media Links, here.
Find what you need with Nonprofit.Courses search
With Nonprofit.Courses Search you have an entire catalog of thousands of videos, podcasts and documents right at your fingertips, instantly! And while our Search is a powerful search engine, we add new content all of the time. Tomorrow we could add exactly what you're looking for, today.
That's why you need to get New Course Alerts, today! See new videos, podcasts and eBooks from our great (and growing) list of Content Experts. Find out about Live Events, like podcast drops, webinars and conferences. Our Search and New Course Alerts is the powerful training and education gateway to training you always wished you had.
Nonprofit.Courses has thousands of videos, podcasts, eBooks and documents and more are added all of the time. But that doesn't mean we have everything, yet.
- If you didn't find what you need, let us know. We're happy to search out content that our users want.
- Is there a Content Expert you heard of that should be on the site? Let us know, and we'll reach out.
- Are you interested in becoming a Content Expert? We're glad to hear from you.
The Nonprofit.Courses Blog hosts dozens of meaningful articles on exactly what you need for your personal, and nonprofit's success. Don't wait. Scroll down and check 'em out!
Read these informative Guest Posts from our Partners
See these Nonprofit.Courses Blog Posts, hosted by our Partners:
Do you enjoy the Nonprofit.Courses Blog?
Then get New Course Alerts and you can see every one as it comes out - and more:
New content and events from Content Experts, too.
New Course Alerts is your gateway to the latest on Nonprofit.Courses.
When you get New Course Alerts, every week an email arrives with the latest videos, podcasts and documents added to Nonprofit.Courses, PLUS links to upcoming webinars and events on the Nonprofit.Courses Live Events Calendar.
You know that having a solid grasp of the basics and keeping up with the trends isn't optional, it's essential when delivering your best nonprofit mission. You also know that you can't wait for the next conference or class whenever you need to know something new.
But who has the money, or the time?
That's why you need to sign up right now:
When you get New Course Alerts, you're reminded that you can find what you need, when you need it, wherever you are.
Just click the button above, and you're in!
You get what you need, and the cause you serve gets what it deserves - an educated, dedicated leader, who's learned that their best training option could be just a click away!
Sign Up, Today!
Let's talk about how Nonprofit.Courses can help you meet your objectives.
- Are you a consultant or nonprofit with something to share?
- Are you looking for a source of passive income?
- Do you have a book to promote?
- Have you made webinars that deserve greater visibility?
- Do you want your videos bring you more business?
- Are you new to course development and want to learn how?
You own the rights to any content you put on Nonprofit.Courses. (Unless we co-produce the content with you, then we share the rights.)
And, you can have your course or webinar on Nonprofit.Courses, even if it's somewhere else!
And, you can keep your course or webinar on your own website!
More than a hundred Content Experts have found Nonprofit.Courses the right place for their video, podcast or ebook content. You can, too.
Ready to do it? Complete this form, and let's talk: