Running a Nonprofit is Hard! We're here to help.
You know the demands of professional athletics better than anyone. It's not just how you perform on the field, pitch, rink or court. It's how the public sees you, and how you see yourself in the community.
Nonprofit.Courses is here to help with training videos, podcasts, eBooks - all to help build your nonprofit, and your reputation, as a trustworthy advocate for the cause you care about most.
The links below make it easy to get to our most popular content, but before you dig into some great resources, know that Nonprofit.Courses features...
- More than 5,000 videos, podcasts, eBooks and more
- 150+ Content Experts in nearly every nonprofit discipline
- Courses less than 5 minutes, to more than 5 hours - so you go as deep as you want
- Open access to nearly all content
- 80%+ of the total content is FREE!
- An active Live Event schedule so you get get the latest in any subject
Sign up now for New Course Alerts for weekly Live Events notices and our latest content!
Did you know that you can list your attendance at one of Matt Hugg's Courses, Webinars, Seminars, Workshops or other training on your LinkedIn page? It's easy to do, and a great way show colleagues, potential employers and friends how seriously you take your life long professional development.
It starts with opening a "Licences and Certifications" page on your LinkedIn profile.
To add your training with Matt Hugg, here's the information you'll need:
- Name: The name of the course/seminar/workshop you attended. See below.
- Issuing Organization: Nonprofit.Courses (type in "Nonprofit.Courses" and the name and logo will appear)
- This credential does not expire: Check this box.
- Issue Date: See the date, below, with the name of the course you attended.
- Credential ID: Ignore this.
- Credential URL:Copy and paste this into the box: https://nonprofit.courses/matt-hugg-course-descriptions-for-linkedin
If you want a Badge to use in a place other than LinkedIn, like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest or elsewhere, click here and we'll get one to you as soon as possible.
Courses, Seminars, Workshops or Webinars Taught by Matt Hugg
The lucky get the least: Systematic Fundraising for Today’s Nonprofit
If you’ve ever said “if we get lucky“ when you’re talking about meeting your nonprofit fundraising goals, you’re going to fail. Experienced fundraisers know that luck plays a very small part in their success. Successful fundraisers are systematic, using the best tools and science available to them today. And what’s better? You don’t have to buy fancy technology or spend hours researching the answers.
In this thoughtful, dynamic two-hour course, you’ll learn:
1. How to leverage a great career tool, LinkedIn, for finding the best people to connect to your mission.
2. What research is telling us today about who gives the most and what they give to, donor motivation and solicitation techniques.
3. How to systematically work with a prospect to get the contribution you need.
4. How to make that ask - and what to say if (heaven forbid) they say “no.”
Unless stated otherwise, by adding this to your LinkedIn profile, it is not a certificate, diploma or other academic or industry credential. There is no test to determine how much, if any, information the learner absorbed as a result of attending the training. The badge or listing on any resume, social media page or elsewhere simply acknowledges a person being at the event.
Did you attend a seminar, workshop or conference that Matt Hugg presented?
Get your Badge so you can show off your new-found skill on LinkedIn, Facebook or wherever else you can promote your career. Just fill out the form below.
Get Your Badge
Hi. Thanks for clicking through.
I’m here to announce some changes which I hope you’ll find helpful.
The Nonprofit Consultant Zone LinkedIn Group will change its name to Nonprofit.Courses
It’s probably easiest simply to give you some bullet points:
(and yes, this is a long message, but please read on.)
- This is because the nature of my work has changed substantially. While I’m still interested in helping people who are consulting for nonprofits, I’ve chosen to do it in a much more specific way.
- I would love to have you stay with the group. However, if you chose not to, no problem.
- In the updated group, I plan to post “New Course Alerts” and other material that will help nonprofit staff, volunteers and consultants do their work better.
- Nonprofit.Courses is, the website dedicated to providing educational and training material for everybody in the nonprofit community. (and by the way, “.courses” is just like “.com” or “.org”)
For you, the nonprofit consultant, Nonprofit.Courses is more than a place to get information about nonprofit practices, including how to be the best consultant for your clients (when you go to the site, check out the “Consulting” category).
- Nonprofit.Courses is where you can display your best self to clients and potential clients. That’s because you, as a consultant to nonprofits, are welcome to post your latest webinars, and other training material, whether free or paid, on the site. In short, Nonprofit.Courses is a content marketing platform for your great work.
- Right now there are more than 5000 videos, podcasts and documents on Nonprofit.Courses, and its always growing! There’s really no limit to the number of courses on the site. However, there are some rules.
- The content standards are pretty simple.
- Video or audio content is preferred.
- All content needs to nonprofit focused.
- Any course, which may be from three minutes to whatever length you would like, must be educational in nature. No infomercials, and no “how to use my product” content.
- Use may use your own branding in any course.
- If the content is free to the public, then it is free to have on Nonprofit.Courses.
- If you have a paid course, especially if it’s on a platform like Teachable.com, then we set up an affiliate arrangement.
- Nonprofit.Courses points to your content hosted on your website or YouTube or Vimeo channel, rather than hosting it directly on Nonprofit.Courses. If you have content on your website, you are welcome to set up name collecting gateways to track who is engaging with your work.
- While content directed to religious or political nonprofits is welcome, no advocacy for specific political or religious views is permitted.
- What kind of content is welcome?
- Most of the content on Nonprofit.Courses is linked to videos, like webinars.
- If you have a podcast that is nonprofit focused, I’m happy to connect to that as well. In some instances,
- I will also connect to e-books, but usually for people who have provided either audio or video content.
- If you’ve written a book that is on Amazon, I am happy to connect to that through the site’s bookstore, if you are a content provider in another area (like video or podcast).
- The next step? (and thanks for reading this far)
Or better yet, sign up here:
And thank you so much for your support!
Get the Nonprofit Consulting Book that will Change How You Do Business!
What are your goals as a nonprofit consultant?
- Make a great living while doing important work for extraordinary clients?
- Pick up extra money so you take a super-vacation, build your dream house, or buy an incredible toy!
- Help meaningful organizations with your remarkable skills?
- Maybe all of the above?
You already have great professional skills, like fundraising, board management, program delivery, or whatever you do! But the hard news is that being good at your skill isn’t good enough. To be a successful nonprofit consultant, you need more.
Start with the book: The ThinkNP Guide to Nonprofit Consulting. The ThinkNP Guide to Nonprofit Consulting is the bedrock of your nonprofit consultant success. From why you should, or shouldn’t become a nonprofit consultant, to how you find and keep the right clients for you, it covers exactly what you need to start, and more importantly, stay in business.