Stephanie Cory has committed her nearly 20-year career to strengthening the nonprofit sector through education.
Stephanie has served as an executive director for a health advocacy organization as well as held development and program management roles for organizations serving seniors and people with disabilities. In these roles, she expanded programming, strengthened infrastructure, and grew fundraising revenue. She has also consulted for a variety of other organizations helping them strengthen governance and fundraising. Stephanie has worked with organizations of all sizes—from grassroots with no paid staff to multi-campus health care providers with upward of $50 million in annual revenue. She is an adjunct faculty member for Villanova University’s College of Professional Studies where she teaches a variety of fundraising topics.
Stephanie has more than 30 years’ cumulative experience as a board member for organizations ranging from grassroots with no staff to a multi-million dollar international association. Her board service has included roles with the Association of Fundraising Professionals’ (AFP) global board as well as two local chapter boards, the Junior League of Wilmington, Del., the Christmas Shop Foundation, and Old Brandywine Village.
Stephanie has shared her governance expertise with the Association of Junior Leagues International where she consulted with Junior Leagues across the world helping them implement best practices in their nominating process. Stephanie also devotes time to Canine Partners for Life and the Wilmington Senior Center helping with their fundraising and the Pennsylvania Association of Nonprofit Organizations serving as a peer reviewer for organizations seeking Standards for Excellence accreditation.
Stephanie is a popular speaker on a variety of nonprofit topics ranging from board governance and fundraising to organizational development and presentation skills. She speaks regularly to local AFP chapters and at conferences for fundraising and nonprofit professionals throughout the Mid-Atlantic and beyond. She has presented at AFP’s International Fundraising Conference and Leading Age’s national conference. Stephanie is a frequent voice on the web through the variety of webinars she has facilitated for BoardSource, AFP, PANO, Charity How To, Career Learning/Nonprofit Web Advisor, and Nonprofit Learning Lab among others.
Stephanie has been a featured author in Advancing Philanthropy, Fundraising Success, and Giving Tomorrow magazines as well as published online through BoardSource, Charity Channel, and PANO. She authored a chapter on boards and fundraising for the second edition of The Handbook of Board Governance published in May 2020.
- Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE), CFRE International
- Chartered Advisor in Philanthropy (CAP®), The American College of Financial Services
- Master Trainer, Association of Fundraising Professionals
- Certified Governance Trainer, BoardSource
- Licensed Consultant, Standards for Excellence® Institute
- Distinguished Toastmaster, Toastmasters International, Inc.
- Master of Education, Adult & Organizational Development – Temple University (expected May 2021)
- Master of Science, Gerontology – University of Southern California
- Bachelor of Science, Accounting – University of Southern California
- Consulting Partner, Delaware Alliance for Nonprofit Advancement (DANA)
- Member, PANO Consultant Collaborative