Course Title: Fundraising 101: The Basics of Nonprofit Fundraising
Course Description: Einstein's definition of Genius: “One percent inspiration and 99 percent perspiration.” This workshop will cover keeping yourself inspired to do the fantastically important work of fundraising for your nonprofit and practical tips to help you keep perspiration at a minimum. Inspiration—how to keep yourself going in fundraising, why your work is important, and how to keep yourself inspired and motivated. Perspiration—setting your organization up for success: Infrastructure, the role of board, staff and volunteers in fundraising, setting up a fundraising calendar, prioritizing fundraising tasks, using metrics to evaluate success.
Agenda will include:
- You as a fundraiser—what it takes, what you need to know
- What the board, the CEO, and the volunteers need to know and how you can teach them
- What sources of funding are available?
- What is the best way to approach these sources?
- Which methods of fundraising are more effective?
- How you measure your success fundraising
- Course Hours: Half-Day (4 Hours)
- Delivery Method: Online Live or In-Person Live
- Includes: Expert content delivery, course customization, related materials provided in electronic format, live interaction with your audience.
- Amount: $3,725 USD*
- This course is also available in Extended In Depth and Express formats
*transportation and accommodations not included
Linda Lysakowski is one of slightly more than 100 professionals worldwide to hold the Advanced Certified Fund Raising Executive (ACFRE) designation. In her thirty years as a philanthropic consultant, she has managed capital campaigns, helped hundreds of nonprofit organizations achieve their development goals, and trained more than 40,000 development professionals in Canada, Mexico, Egypt, Bermuda, and most of the fifty United States, in addition to leading hundreds of virtual training programs with a world-wide audience. Linda is also well-known as a prolific author of nonprofit fundraising and management books.
Linda is a graduate of Alvernia University and a Master Teacher graduating from AFP’s Faculty Training Academy.