Course Title: Moving Your Nonprofit Career Forward
Course Description: Whether you are in career transition or not, career management is essential for any working adult, or even volunteer for that matter. Although there are many career documents you need to keep updated as a professional, your resume and LinkedIn profile are the two key items that must convey your value proposition, skillset, and accomplishments, including the use of keywords. LinkedIn company pages are also extremely important for nonprofits to convey their mission and vision and get engagement and sharing among the internal and external stakeholders of the organization.
There are strategies, tips, and best practices for a resume to get through online applicant tracking system. The same goes LinkedIn, in order to have the algorithm work in your favor. It’s not a matter of just typing information in on a profile. You have to know the “where” and the “why” for each profile section.
· Tips for the Branded Resume – Are you Presenting Yourself Using a Modern Research-based Format? (1-½ hrs. plus ½ hour for Q&A)
· Strategic Research-based Approaches to LinkedIn for Nonprofits (2 hrs. plus Q&A)
· What’s Your Shtick? Personal Branding Online & Offline (1-½ hrs. plus ½ hour for Q&A)
- Course Hours: Half-Day (4 Hours)
- Delivery Method: Online Live or In-Person Live
- Includes: Expert content delivery, course customization, related materials provided in electronic format, live interaction with your audience.
- Amount: $3,725 USD*
- This course is also available in Extended (4-Hour) and Extended In Depth (8-Hour) formats
*transportation and accommodations not included
Lynne M. Williams, BS, MA, ABD is the Executive Director of the Philadelphia Area Great Careers Group, an all-volunteer 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that provides professional development and networking connections for: 1) jobseekers in career transition, including veterans and 2) employed and self-employed for career management. In addition, Lynne is also the owner of Around the Clock Executive Helper, a writer of resumes and LinkedIn profiles. Lynne presents unique research-based workshops on LinkedIn, resumes, the Applicant Tracking System, the Art of Networking In Person & Online, and other career-related, social media, and technology topics. She has done extensive doctoral research on social media applications and is a contributing author to Find Your Fit: A Practical Guide to Landing the Job You Love along with the late Dick Bolles, the author of What Color is Your Parachute?. In addition, she writes a weekly career column in Vista.Today with LinkedIn tips and more.