10 Lessons / $399 / CFRE Approved for 9 Hours
This course brought to you by Linda Lysakowski.
We’ll look at nine critical aspects of managing the fundraising process, what you, and most nonprofits, are doing wrong, and how you can get on the track to success.
Lesson 1 Introduction to the Leaky Bucket
- What is the Leaky Bucket Assessment Tool
- What does it show us about fundraising?
- How can we use this information to fix our fundraising?
Lesson 2 Infrastructure
- Do you have the right tools in place?
- How much are you your investing in development?
- What do you need to do to improve your infrastructure?
Lesson 3 Metrics
- If you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it
- Leading indicators and trailing indicators
- What can you measure? What should you measure?
Lesson 4 New Donors
- Why is acquiring new donors important?
- Methods to acquire donors
- How costly is it?
Lesson 5 Staffing the Development Function
- The development office and non-development staff
- The role of the board
- Involving volunteers in development
Lesson 6 Funding Diversification
- What does your “pie” look like?
- What types of fundraising are there?
- How you can change your diversification score
Lesson 7 Keeping Donors: Grants and Special Events
- What types of grants are available?
- When is grant funding a good thing, when is it not so good
- Are your special events really making money?
Lesson 8 Keeping Donors: Personal Solicitation
- Direct appeals
- Major Gifts
- Business fundraising
- Special appeals
Lesson 9 Keeping Donors: Laws and Ethics
- What you need to know about federal, state, local laws
- Ethics in fundraising
- Providing good stewardship
Lesson 10 Developing a Plan
- What areas of your bucket are leaking?
- How can you fix them?
- Where to start