Decentralized Identity provides a new way of interacting online, and this 101 Blockchains training course will act as a guide as you explore this new technology. The terms Self-Sovereign Identity and Decentralized Identity are often used interchangeably. The term used for the ecosystem, Decentralized Identity (DI), is not to be confused with the core technology of Decentralized Identifiers (DIDs). Whether you are interested in SSI or DI, this course is for you. Topics addressed in the Decentralized Identity blockchain course focus on how different technologies empower the DI ecosystem. You will also learn about the role of different agent components and how technologies relate to them. The course also reflects on the various possible use cases for decentralized identity.
What will we cover to help you get expertise in Decentralized Identity?
- Description of the Decentralized Identity (DI) ecosystem
- Familiarizing with the DI ecosystem
- Understanding of different technologies required to enable DI
- Using a mobile wallet to obtain a verified credential
- Differentiating DI from existing digital identity systems
- Explanation of the role of agent components
- Understanding the relationship between verified credentials and decentralized identifiers with agents and information storage
- Proposals for potential use cases of Decentralized Identity