Welcome to the Nonprofit.Courses FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) page. Let’s get started…!
Yes! Even better, there’s no sign up, membership or other “gateway” that limits access. You get direct access. Just search for what you want, and go to it.
Just about all of the content is free, too. We’re committed to making at least 50% of its content free at all times. Usually between 85% and 90% of the content is free and open access.
Some, if you want. Many of our Content Experts offer in depth expertise through Premium (paid) content. Find them here. You’ll also see Premium Courses on the homepage, and in the right-hand column of most free courses.
Content you can use, of course! But to be more specific…
● Videos – Because video is such a powerful learning tool, it’s Nonprofit.Courses’ medium of choice. You’ll find thousands on just about any nonprofit topic.
● Podcasts – You’d be surprised (or maybe not?) at how many nonprofit focused podcasts are out there. You’ll find dozens of podcasts on the podcast page.
● Documents – Need a checklist? Interested in an eBook or whitepaper on a topic? We have lots, especially in areas that are not covered by videos and podcasts.
● Nonprofit Specific – Just about all of our content is specific to your needs and interests as a nonprofit leaders, staff member, board member or volunteer.
● Nonprofit Helpful – Among the thousands of nonprofit specific videos and more, are hundreds of “nonprofit helpful” content items. What’s nonprofit helpful? For example, we have a great collection of videos on how to make presentations. They’re not “how to make a presentation in front of you board,” but they’re perfect to build the confidence of anyone in a nonprofit in making their next presentation, whether in front of their board, a staff meeting or a gathering of volunteers.
As a website with so much free content, don’t hesitate using Nonprofit.Courses as your go-to resource for nonprofit training and education… and recommend it to others.
● Nonprofit Leaders and Staff: If you run a nonprofit, manage a program or office, find yourself “on the line” by delivering mission services or just started working at a nonprofit, Nonprofit.Courses has information for you.
● Nonprofit Board Members: Nonprofit.Courses has A LOT of material that’s specific for board members, or helpful in their getting to know the details of nonprofit operations and funding. Its also a great resource for staff to use for creating board training programs that feature expert voices from around the world.
● Nonprofit Volunteers: Nonprofit.Courses is great for volunteers. The content can be used for formal volunteer training, or ad hoc education on an important subject. If you’re a volunteer and want to get the inside scoop on how nonprofits run, Nonprofit.Courses is for you.
● Anyone interested in anything about nonprofits: Even if you’re not working for or volunteering for a nonprofit, there’s lots here for you. If there’s a nonprofit in your community, then there’s a video on Nonprofit.Courses that’s right for you.
The best way to find something specific is to go to the Advanced Search page. There you can parse content by a combination of subject, time, track, Content Expert or whether it has continuing education units.
On the same page is our general search bar. Just put in what you want and let it do the work for you!
Another way people like to find content is to peruse the Content Expert page.
You can also find search features on the homepage, and in the top margin of each page.
● Need information quick?
● Have some time over lunch?
● Want to learn about someone else’s work?
● Changing careers?
● Starting a career?
● Recommending some training?
Let us know how you use Nonprofit.Courses and maybe we’ll feature you in an upcoming New Course Alerts.
Nonprofit.Courses content comes from more than 150 Content Experts who have in depth knowledge of a nonprofit related discipline, or a field that could be very helpful to your nonprofit. See all the Content Experts here.
We like to say that you can find a course that’s anywhere from “less than five minutes to more than five hours.” We index all our videos by their length. That’s why the “search by time” feature is one of our most popular ways to find content.
Yes! Much of the content on Nonprofit.Courses offers continuing education credits or hours, like CFRE or CPEs. You can find out which through the Advanced Search page.
Sometimes Matt Hugg, President of Nonprofit.Courses and expert in nonprofit management, will create content to meet specific needs, but that makes up a very small percentage of the total material on the site. For Nonprofit.Courses created content, go here.
A Track is a collection of related content, usually on the same subject or around a theme, that work well when you watch them together. See all of the Tracks here.
Yes, please do! Each Content Expert has a link to their own homepage on their Content Expert page. They welcome your interest in them. When you do – please let them know you found them through Nonprofit.Courses.
Yes! Either let us know about them, or have them contact us directly through our Contact Us page.
We’d love to talk. Pop us a note here and we can set up a time.
You get weekly emails letting you know about the latest content on Nonprofit.Courses (usually Thursdays), and another (usually Mondays) that brings you the next two week events from the Live Events Calendar.
The Live Events Calendar is where Nonprofit.Courses Content Experts can post their webinars, seminars and courses that occur in real time. If you sign up for New Course Alerts, you get a list of all Live Events on the calendar that will occur in the next two weeks. You’ll also see a sampling of upcoming events on the homepage.
Placement of events on the calendar are limited to Nonprofit.Courses Content Experts. To find out how to become a Content Expert, pop us a note.
Yes! Nonprofit.Courses features more than 50 podcasts on nonprofits or that are helpful to nonprofits. That’s probably more than anyplace on the web but the podcast providers, like Spotify or iTunes. Find them here.
Easy! Copy and send them this link: https://nonprofit.courses
Use it! Sign up for New Course Alerts! Recommend Nonprofit.Courses to your colleagues, friends and volunteers. Your using Nonprofit.Courses as your go-to resources for nonprofit education and training helps us attract advertisers and Content Experts – which helps you get even more and better content.
Yes! (And congratulations!) While starting a nonprofit is daunting, you have a passion for impacting others. That means a lot to many of our Content Experts – many of whom have done the same. See their content created specifically for the unique needs of start-up nonprofits. Here’s where to find it.
Yes! Just like start ups, being a small nonprofit has a lot of unique challenges – and a lot of our Content Experts have been there. Find all the content specific for small nonprofits, here.
Yes, and welcome! We hope you’ll find your work with nonprofits meaningful and fulfilling. Check out everything we have on Nonprofit Careers.
● Advertising. Nonprofit.Courses makes advertising space available to businesses and other organizations that want greater visibility with nonprofits. These may include service providers, educational institutions and more. If you’d like to learn more, drop us a note!
● Course Affiliate Links. Affiliate links are when a course provider sends a payment to Nonprofit.Courses when you buy their content through Nonprofit.Courses. The price for the final product isn’t different than if you went to the content directly, and by going through Nonprofit.Courses, you support making great nonprofit training available to everyone!
● Amazon Book sales. you’ll notice that many Content Experts have written books. Nonprofit.Courses provides Amazon affiliate Links as a convenience to our learners, and also as a revenue generator for the site. Like Course Affiliate Links, there’s no additional cost to you by using the link – and were grateful for you support.
No problem. Pop us a note through the Contact Us page. Who knows, maybe yours will end up on this FAQ page?
For all the FAQs we can create, there’s probably one more FAQ we missed. Have your own FAQs to ask? We’re glad to hear from you. Use our Contact Us page to ask your own FAQs!