Welcome to Nonprofit.Courses Live Event Calendar
When’s the next webinar or podcast or conference?
Here’s where you find out – and more.
Federal Grant Writing Boot Camp
April 13 @ 1:00 PM - April 16 @ 4:00 PM EDT$397
What We Cover in Federal Grant Writing Boot Camp
Grant Writing Boot Camp gives you a broad overview of the grant process, from accessing grant readiness to conducting federal grant research and collaborating with partners to developing budgets and work plans.
- Getting started with federal grants
- Overview of federal grants, including the grant application lifecycle
- Assessing federal grant readiness for your organization
- Pre-award requirements for grant recipients
- Researching federal awards
- How to research current and future opportunities for federal funding
- Search tools for effective grant seeking
- The myths and truths of federal grant seeking
- Preplanning for federal funding
- What you can do in advance of receiving funding to position your organization for success
- Engaging collaborative partners and subcontractors-Best practices and requirements
- Subrecipient vs. contractor determinations
- Managing partner risk
- Recognizing and avoiding conflicts of interest
- Expectation setting and other hard lessons that can cost you big
- Developing a needs statement
- Understanding the different parts of a well-constructed needs statement
- Why misunderstanding needs can put your program in jeopardy
- The power of logic models
- Proper care and use of logic models with federal projects
- How strong logic models support strong program outcomes
- Who else benefits from logic models
- SMART Objectives
- Basics of SMART objectives development
- Mastering the evaluation process
- What’s required by your desired funder?
- How evaluation is the beginning and not the end
- Common misconceptions about program evaluation
- Staffing for success
- Determining who you need for your program and when you to add them. Common reasons grant recipients get audit findings and how to avoid them
- Organizational capacity planning in the real-world
- What’s included in organizational capacity-best practices and pitfalls
- Common types of capacity needs?
- Budgets that work
- How to layout a budget that minimizes future revisions
- Best practices for budgeting that funders love
Want to Post an Event?
Go HERE for Single Day Events.
Go HERE for Multi-Day Events.