Welcome to Nonprofit.Courses Live Event Calendar
When’s the next webinar or podcast or conference?
Here’s where you find out – and more.
- This event has passed.
Form 990:Exempt Organization Fundraising, Donor Acknowledgement, Gifts in Kind, Special Events, Galas
June 16 @ 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM EDT$100
Fundraising has evolved to be more virtual this past year, but the tax compliance surrounding fundraising events have not changed. Fundraising is what helps organizations survive whether it is via a gala, sweepstakes, auction, or concert. From a public perception standpoint, it is important to make sure donor acknowledgments are issued timely and ensure the disclosures are reported correctly on the Form 990.
Even seasoned return preparers can be confounded and surprised by basic issues when the organization’s facts are complicated. Join us to discuss the various reporting responsibilities surrounding different type of fundraising events and when to recognize that additional information is needed
Who Should Attend
CPAs, enrolled agents, CFOs, bookkeepers, staff accountants, development officers, and others working with assisting not-for-profit organizations with their fundraising events.
- Types of fundraising events
- Tax deductibility of contributions from fundraising events
- Chronology of events
- Completion of fundraising event activity on Form 990
- Charity responsibilities
- Donor acknowledgment
- Describe the importance of documenting and gathering the necessary information to achieve compliance with federal tax laws
- Recognize and report different fundraising activities on the Form 990
- Identify how to prepare proper donor acknowledgment letters
- Identify when penalties are applicable
Want to Post an Event?
Go HERE for Single Day Events.
Go HERE for Multi-Day Events.