Welcome to Nonprofit.Courses
Live Event Calendar
When’s the next webinar or podcast or conference?
Here’s where you find out – and more.
- This event has passed.
IRAs: What You Need to Know About Contributions, Conversions and Distributions
June 24 @ 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM EDT$106
This course covers the essentials of IRA’s. We’ll go well beyond the basics to cover crucial topics: when to convert traditional IRA’s to Roth IRA’s, how to minimize tax on conversion, and when clients should recharacterize IRA contributions (and how to recharacterize). We’ll also discuss how to get a waiver for clients who fail to take a required minimum distributions and other traps in the IRA area including prohibited transactions, excess contributions, and impermissible investments.
- Determine clients who are well suited for conversion from traditional to Roth IRA’s
- When should clients recharacterize IRA contributions?
- What special traps are present in the IRA area?
- How to receive a waiver for clients who failed to take the proper required minimum distributions
- Identify clients who should convert traditional IRA’s to Roth IRA’s
- Identify clients who should recharacterize IRA contributions and how to recharacterize
- Recognize how to prepare waiver statements for clients who fail to take the required minimum distribution.
Want to Post an Event?
Go HERE for Single Day Events.
Go HERE for Multi-Day Events.