Welcome to Nonprofit.Courses Live Event Calendar
When’s the next webinar or podcast or conference?
Here’s where you find out – and more.
- This event has passed.
Learn the Basics of Scrum and Prep for 2021!
December 15, 2020 @ 4:00 am - 6:00 am CST$99
About this Event
Nonprofits are ALWAYS being asked to do more with less. That is unlikely to change. What you can change though is the way that you approach your work. That is why our team of trainers who come from the nonprofit field with a wide range of specialties want to help YOU understand the basics of the Scrum framework and the Agile principles so that you can think about how to use both to create twice the impact in half the time of your own organization.
In this webinar, you will learn:
- Why nonprofits should use the Scrum framework
- The Agile values and principles;
- The five Scrum values and explain how they relate to one another;
- The 3 roles in Scrum;
- The 5 Scrum events;
- The 3 Scrum artifacts; and
- How other nonprofits have implemented Scrum in their organizations.
What You Can Expect from Your Agile in Nonprofits Instructor:
- 2 hours of instruction to help you learn the Scrum framework and how to use the framework in your organization to create more impact, faster;
- A learning environment focused on teaching you the learning objectives to achieve licensure while giving real-world nonprofit case studies to show you how other nonprofit organizations have implemented the Scrum framework;
- Engaging video presentation style; and
- Access to the instructor(s) for answering your questions both during the class and afterward.
What We Expect from Participants:
- Your video should be on during class;
- Active participation in full group discussions via chat or verbally;
- A willingness to learn; and
- A desire to help nonprofits create impact faster.
Meet your trainer:
Diane H. Leonard is a Scrum Trainer, Scrum Master, and Scrum Product Owner through Scrum Inc. Diane is also a Grant Professional Certified (GPC) and Approved Trainer of the Grant Professionals Association along with a Certified Virtual Trainer through espeakers.
Diane’s passion for building capacity in nonprofit organizations is the link between her early career work as a grantmaker and now as a nonprofit consultant. Diane and her team at DH Leonard Consulting & Grant Writing Services have secured more than $66.75 million dollars since 2006 in competitive grant awards for their clients. The team began utilizing the Scrum framework in 2016 both to run their own teams, and also to help their nonprofit clients improve their grant seeking processes and overall operations efficiency. As a result of adopting Scrum, the daily operations and efficiency of the DH Leonard Consulting team has significantly improved and more importantly, their nonprofit clients that are engaged in the Scrum framework have seen an increase in their success percentage for applications as well as overall dollars awarded.
When not working with her team on improving the capacity of nonprofit organizations, Diane can be found in the 1000 Islands, out for a run, or drinking a strong cup of coffee.
*If you decide after completing the Scrum Basics for Nonprofits course that you wish to pursue one of our certification courses: Scrum Master, Scrum Product Owner, or the combo Scrum Master and Product Owner course, we will credit you the cost of this webinar toward the larger course. Just message our team for assistance in registering.
Want to Post an Event?
Go HERE for Single Day Events.
Go HERE for Multi-Day Events.