Welcome to Nonprofit.Courses
Live Event Calendar
When’s the next webinar or podcast or conference?
Here’s where you find out – and more.
- This event has passed.
Lightning Fast Depreciation: The World of Depreciation (Updated for CARES Act) (Half-Day Webinar)
December 28, 2021 @ 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM EST$144
We’ll cover the new lightning fast methods of depreciation provided by the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act and CARES Act. You’ll learn how to take fast depreciation, how to minimize recapture income on the sale of property, and how to slow down depreciation if the situation calls for that.
Who Should Attend
CPAs and CPA aspirants in public practice and tax staff in private practice who have a some experience with tax depreciation.
- Bonus depreciation after the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- §179 and its application to real property
- How and when the de minimis rules can be used on residential real property remodels.
- Identify the best depreciation method for real estate improvements
- Differentiate which cost recovery method is best in specific client situations
- Recognize and apply the new rules for de minimis expensing updated for affects of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- Recognize and apply the new bonus depreciation rules for qualified improvement property under the CARES Act
- Recognize and apply the new rules for expensing real property under the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- Recognize and apply planning techniques to target an exact amount of depreciation that maximizes tax benefits over the long haul
NASBA Field of Study
Taxes (4 hours)
A basic understanding of tax depreciation methods.
Want to Post an Event?
Go HERE for Single Day Events.
Go HERE for Multi-Day Events.