Why you need Training for Nonprofit Consultants and Freelancers
Training for Nonprofit Consultants and Freelancers can make the difference between making money, or essentially, volunteering with a contract.
Like any business, its not easy. And for some, even what you call yourself can be confusing. As a nonprofit consultant, maybe you…
- Advise nonprofits in a particular specialty?
- Juggle freelance grantwriting between family responsibilities?
- Are masking that you’re in transition between jobs?
- Sell a specific product, but don’t like to be called a vendor or salesperson?
For our purposes, on this page, it doesn’t matter. If have or are part of a business that serves nonprofits with a product or service, we’re calling you a consultant.
By bringing you resources, skills and training for nonprofit consultants and freelancers we want to get you started, keep you going, and help you make a successful living while serving a sector that needs your help.
Training for nonprofit consultants and freelancers can take a lot of forms. Let’s look at what we have.
- Timeless advice from the author of The ThinkNP Guide to Nonprofit Consulting. Find nearly 200 blog posts on a wide variety of nonprofit consulting topics.
- The ThinkNP Guide to Nonprofit Consulting: A Practical Workbook for Your Success: Your Step-by-Step Guide to a Successful Business Serving the Nonprofit Sector, by Matt Hugg. This comprehensive book is an extended checklist with important information on nearly everything you need to start your consultancy off on the right foot.
- Banish Your Bookkeeping Nightmares: The Go-To Guide for the Self-Employed to Save Money, Reduce Frustration, and Satisfy the IRS, by The Accountant Beside You, Lisa London. While Lisa is well known for her series of QuickBooks and nonprofit accounting training books for churches and nonprofits, this book is written expressly for you.
- The Nonprofit Consulting Playbook: Winning Strategies from 25 Leaders in the Field, by Susan Schaefer and Linda Lysakowski. Susan and Linda, themselves successful nonprofit consultants, have pulled together a powerful set of 25 contributors who give their honest insight into nonprofit consulting.
- 33 Attributes of a Perfect Consultant
- The Nonprofit.Courses list of Associations
- Essential Books for Nonprofit Consulting
- Essential Marketing Tools for Nonprofit Consulting
- Essential Website Naming Guidelines
- Essential Resources for Grantwriters
- Essential Resources for Fundraising Consulting Start Ups
Do you work with nonprofits who need serious fundraising help? The Eight Principles Sustainable Fundraising is a great opportunity for bringing a proven system to your clients.
Training for Nonprofit Consultants and Freelancers on Nonprofit.Courses
Your options for training for nonprofit consultants and freelancers covers a lot of areas. Below you’ll find resources for:
- Book Publishing (A great way to show off your expertise.)
- Career Advice (Deciding where consulting fits into your career path)
- Consulting (of course)
- Content Marketing (Proving value to potential clients while showing off your skills)
- Course Creation (A great way to earn extra money and market your services)
- Customer Experience (important to keep in mind for every consultant)
- Presentations and Training (an essential skill for all consultants)
- Video Creation and Editing (for marketing your work)
- YouTube (a great way to increase your visibility)
- Meetings using Zoom (an increasingly necessary skill)