Welcome to Nonprofit.Courses Live Event Calendar
When’s the next webinar or podcast or conference?
Here’s where you find out – and more.
Scrum Master for Nonprofits
October 21 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm EDT$495
The world is fast-paced and ever-changing, let us help you stay on track.
Scrum is a lightweight framework that helps people, teams and organizations generate value through adaptive solutions for complex problems.
Successful use of Scrum depends on people becoming more proficient in living five values: Commitment, Focus, Openness, Respect, and Courage
By the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Explain that Scrum is a lightweight framework that can be applied in any industry and domain; yet, while Scrum is adaptable to different contexts, the core framework remains the same across implementations;
- Recognize that having different interpretations of Scrum across teams will present significant challenges when scaling a Scrum implementation;
- Explain the value of agility over traditional project management in today’s rapidly changing marketplace;
- List the five Scrum values and explain how they relate to one another;
- Relate hands-on experience with iterative development to their own working context;
- Express the value of sharing learnings and insights across teams;
- Successfully run the 5 Scrum events;
- Implement the Scrum patterns that will work best with your nonprofit;
- Access and complete the Scrum Inc. Scrum Master exam;
- Download their Scrum Inc. Scrum Master Credential (upon successful completion of the exam); and
- State the renewal process.
* By attending this course you will also receive 1 free year of email support through your Scrum Journey.
What You Can Expect from Your Agile in Nonprofits Instructor(s):
- 14 hours of instruction to help you learn the Scrum framework and how to use the framework in your organization to create more impact, faster;
- A learning environment focused on teaching you the learning objectives to achieve licensure while giving real-world nonprofit case studies to show you how other nonprofit organizations have implemented the Scrum framework;
- Engaging video presentation style;
- Hands-on small group activities;
- Access to the instructor(s) for answering your questions both during the class and afterward;
- An open invitation for *you* to participate in future Scrum Inc. Scrum Master courses taught by Agile in Nonprofits at no charge as a way to get additional questions answered or brush up on your skills.
What We Expect from Participants:
- Your video should be on during class;
- Active participation in small group exercises;
- Active participation in full group discussions via chat or verbally;
- A willingness to learn; and
- A desire to help nonprofits create impact faster.
Want to Post an Event?
Go HERE for Single Day Events.
Go HERE for Multi-Day Events.