Welcome to Nonprofit.Courses Live Event Calendar
When’s the next webinar or podcast or conference?
Here’s where you find out – and more.
Scrum Master & Product Owner Duel Course
March 26 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm EDT$795
The world is fast-paced and ever-changing, let us help you stay on track.
Don’t have the time to attend the Scrum Master and Product Owner separately but want to take advantage of both? Here is your chance to save time and join us for our intense 8-day combo course! Join us each afternoon March 22nd – 31st.
By the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Explain that Scrum is a lightweight framework that can be applied in any industry and domain; yet, while Scrum is adaptable to different contexts, the core framework remains the same across implementations;
- Recognize that having different interpretations of Scrum across teams will present significant challenges when scaling a Scrum implementation;
- Explain the value of agility over traditional project management in today’s rapidly changing marketplace;
- List the five Scrum values and explain how they relate to one another;
- Relate hands-on experience with iterative development to their own working context;
- Express the value of sharing learnings and insights across teams;
- Successfully run the 5 Scrum events;
- Implement the Scrum patterns that will work best with your nonprofit;
- Explain that the Product Owner should be focused on building the right thing, and is responsible for clearly communicating their vision and developing a Product Backlog to achieve that vision;
- Recite techniques for creating a vision statement that is compelling enough to be broadly shared, yet concise and easily remembered;
- Describe why the Product Owner should spend half of their time with customers and stakeholders and the other half of their time with the team;
- State that the Product Owner is accountable for maximizing the value of the work done by the team;
- Explain the benefits of using customer personas; and
- Recognize that the Product Owner has the final say on the ordering of the Product Backlog.
- Access and complete the Scrum Inc. Scrum Master and Product Owner exams;
- Download their Scrum Inc. Credential (upon successful completion of the exam); and
- State the renewal process.
* By attending this course you will also receive 1 free year of email support through your Scrum Journey.
What You Can Expect from Your Agile in Nonprofits Instructor(s):
- 14 hours of instruction to help you learn the Scrum framework and how to use the framework in your organization to create more impact, faster;
- A learning environment focused on teaching you the learning objectives to achieve licensure while giving real-world nonprofit case studies to show you how other nonprofit organizations have implemented the Scrum framework;
- Engaging video presentation style;
- Hands-on small group activities;
- Access to the instructor(s) for answering your questions both during the class and afterward;
- An open invitation for *you* to participate in future Scrum Inc. Scrum Master courses taught by Agile in Nonprofits at no charge as a way to get additional questions answered or brush up on your skills.
What We Expect from Participants:
- Your video should be on during class;
- Active participation in small group exercises;
- Active participation in full group discussions via chat or verbally;
- A willingness to learn; and
- A desire to help nonprofits create impact faster.
Want to Post an Event?
Go HERE for Single Day Events.
Go HERE for Multi-Day Events.