Grant Writing Basics is what you need when you’re fighting for a great cause.
You know this cause can change lives – change your community – change the WORLD – IF you just had the funding… if you just knew the grant writing basics!
You’ve heard there is grant funding out there, and you know you could be a good grant writer, but how do you go about it?
How do you convince funders that THIS is the cause they need to support?
How do you get their attention and show them the potential your organization has to change the world?
If you’ve ever struggled with any of these questions, then stick around.
A lot of resources teach you how to write a grant, but most people don’t realize there’s so much more to it than that.
Teresa will teach you how to step back and evaluate the bigger picture to be sure you’re using your resources and efforts most effectively.
In this course you’ll learn:
- The basics of how to get started grant writing
- Background work you must do before you even apply for grants
- Top 10 myths and misconceptions about grants that may be holding you back
- Where to look for grants
- What a typical grant application includes
- How to develop your grant project
- What to do next when awards are announced, whether you win or lose
- How to write better goals and objectives for your grant applications
- Nine reasons grants are rejected – and how to avoid the common mistakes
You’ll have a workbook and quizzes along the way to check your comprehension. Then you’ll wrap it up with the Course Project to help you with your next steps of grant writing.
If you’re wanting to start writing grants but don’t have an organization yet, no problem. This course will give you a good start to your toolbox.
Let’s get started!