Working Together: The Joint Fundraising Role of Executive Directors and Boards is a FREE course courtesy of AskingMatters
1 Lesson / 62 Minutes / FREE
This Fundraising Masters Topic
In this session, Joan and I talk at length about the five elements Joan believes most impact the ability of the executive director and board to work together on fundraising. They include:
- Board development committee with a clear charge
- Executive director is actively “feeding” the board
- Board recruitment process underscores the fundraising obligation
Be sure to download the bonus materials for this webinar:
- PDF of the Slides
- Board Member Resource Commitment Form
- Culture of Asking Checklist
- Resource Development Committee Sample Job Description
About the Presenter: Joan Garry
Joan Garry cut her teeth in the non-profit world serving for almost a decade as the Executive Director of GLAAD, one of the largest gay rights organizations in the country., where she raised tons of money and put GLAAD on the map. She now works with nonprofit leaders, assisting with crisis management, executive coaching and the building of strong management teams to support the work of the CEO.
Joan also teaches nonprofit media strategy as a professor at the Annenberg School for Communications at the University of Pennsylvania. Joan’s blog is read by over 50,000 people a month and she has the #1 non-profit podcast on iTunes – check them out!