Get 1.25 CFRE Hours through this Premium Course brought to you by The Nonprofit Academy
During this session, in practical hands-on training, we cover the essential steps you can follow to help you feel secure in your new role and set up communication strategies that will keep you succeeding after your first 90 days.
- How can you deal with new job overwhelm AND get it all done?
- What are the three conversations you MUST have with your boss to be successful?
- How can you gather a team of people around you to help you achieve your goals?
- How can you successfully negotiate for a higher nonprofit salary?
- How to get recognition for your accomplishments?
- How can you get more responsibility and learning opportunities at your job?
- BONUS: Real Case Studies of how people moved on up in their careers
It’s hard to find useful nonprofit career advice. Many people just say “Stick with it! You’ll be rewarded!” But according to the Bridgespan Group, most nonprofit staff are NOT being groomed for leadership, and only 33% of the time do people from inside the nonprofit even attempt to fill senior leadership level positions. That means most of the time, you will have to make a leap to another nonprofit to move on up. But once you’re in your new role, how do you succeed?
In this hands-on, how-to session by the author of Get the Job! Your Fundraising Career Empowerment Guide (rated 5 stars by Nonprofit.About.com), you get advice and materials that are easy to use and created especially for you, the busy fundraising professional who barely has time to eat lunch. We’ll make it easy for you to succeed in your first 90 days.
Let this session show you the right way to secure an early win. This workshop provides sound advice on must-do tasks for your first days on the job, and guides you every step of the way through the first meetings with your new boss. Whether you’re looking get an early win, or communicate better with your boss and co-workers, this workshop will help you. Intrigued?
STEP-BY-STEP LIVE DEMONSTRATION
During this session, we will go through how to show your accomplishments when your measurements can’t be dollars raised, and go over key conversations you need to have with your boss step by step.